I have tasted the darkness.
Twelve signs I am losing my mind at work:
1. I start getting a bit rough with the equipment.
2. I skip my break so I can get things done.
3. I think everything would be okay if PEOPLE WOULD JUST DO THEIR JOBS!
4. I start to suspect that the automatic check in machine is refusing to check in certain categories of items, say, craft books, out of some private, unfathomable vendetta.
5. I get so mad at people returning perfectly legitimate items (that happen to be irritating to deal with) that I start muttering swear words, completely unaware I am in a public place.
6. I adjust my work speed at the front desk to try and force certain people in line to go to my co-worker.
7. I start consulting with other crazy co-workers on work issues.
8. I body block browsing patrons out of position so I can shelve more freely.
9. I don't use the last of something so I don't have to replace it.
10. I find myself occasionally freezing up and forgetting how the alphabet works.
11. I am insistently trying to shove something somewhere that all scientific laws are confident that it cannot be shoved.
12. I stop thinking about everything at my job in terms of prospective blog posts.