Monday, November 4, 2019
Though I am writing this well ahead of time in preparation for a two week trip to Italy (mostly Florence), today in real time, according to this blog post, I will back at work with my vacation timebank emptied out until there's just fumes (hey, it smells like wine!). But I'm not worried about it because I will be refreshed, recharged, and raring to go. Also I am expecting everyone will have sorted out most things in my absence.
Please don't feel like you're personally responsible for any of this if it didn't happen, but I am thinking everyone will have worked together to bring about the following things while I was gone:
1. Library now works on a flat, cooperative non hierarchical structure.
2. We got pay increases.
3. The forks I ordered came in.
4. Everyone stopped messing with the staplers and air fresheners.
5. Barcelona won all their soccer games in my absence and are now sponsored by my local Kopplin's Coffee.
6. The Internet's heart grew three sizes, like in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
7. The people of Hong Kong got a little love from the world.
8. Trump is, or Trump was, um, he finally put...
oh, never mind, it's all hopeless. Hopeless.