In a painted stencil, on a wall above a door in our favorite coffee shop in the Twin Cities, it reads "You might be wrong". As a person with a high level of feeling that I am right, this sign tends to catch my eye. I regard it. I think about it. I have a lot of different reactions. And this is what we're here for today.
Here are my ten reactions to...
You Might Be Wrong
1. So might you.
2. Other people really need to read this!
3. If only.
4. I suppose, but I still think you're wonderful.
5. Sure, but only about the big stuff.
6. Right, and I'm sure that as a wall you have a lot of perspective on the matter?
7. I guess, theoretically, but not this time.
8. Well, that would certainly be more convenient for... everybody.
9. You'll really have to be more specific.
10. And then I might be wrong about being wrong.