Saturday, September 12, 2020
Dear library user
Dear Library User:
As you know, this time of the Covid-19 Pandemic has brought unprecedented challenges to the providing of County Services. Essential County Services such as Ferret Registration, Tax Payment Adjudication, and Hazardous Waste Disposal have become more difficult for people to access in the current climate. That is why we have decided to take over the libraries. They're conveniently located, people like them, and those library people wouldn't say boo to a cat, so we can do pretty much whatever we want there.
Nevertheless we realize that people still want to use the library as a library. Don't let us stand in your way. We want nothing more than that you continue to enjoy your library, which is a County Service, provided by your County, with the approval of the County Manager and the County Board of Directors, and which now also offers many other valuable County Services.
However if you are going to continue enjoying your library, in addition to the current Pandemic cautions, please note and abide by the following library changes:
1. You will need to check in with the County Navigator at The County Navigator Desk to enter the library.
2. In addition to a library card you will need a Ferret Registration Card to enter the library. You do not need to own a ferret! This is for processing purposes only.
3. Note: You need to make an advance appointment if you want to see someone at The Ferret Registration Desk and apply for a Ferret Registration Card.
4. While in the library County Social Workers may drop by to inform you of services that you don't qualify for.
5. You must show two forms of picture ID at the Security Desk to leave the library because, during the Pandemic, the County is piloting a new program using the library as a Low Security Detention Facility. This won't affect library services in any way, but we advise using caution when interacting with library patrons wearing orange jumpsuits.
Thank you so much for your consideration in these difficult times. We hope you will keep in mind our County Motto:
"There is no need for you to thank us for all our amazing services. We're the County. It's just what we do."
-The County Manager
-The County Board of Directors