Two days ago I passed the first anniversary of this blog. If I have had one goal or strongly articulated ambition it was to blog daily for a year. I have now accomplished this. This leaves me with precisely one open spot for a new goal. I thought it might be nice to make a list of possibilities here before I pick one. I just want to lay a few of them out and take a good look at them.
1. Bring the quality level of this blog down a notch. I am not sure the Internet can take another year of this intense quality of blogging without my breaking the Internet altogether. I have been noticing a great deal of straining in the Internet's seams. If you look to the far right of your screen you may see a little bulging or unevenness. Yes, that's wear and tear from this blog.
2. Make my blog super secret, like one of those speakeasy bars you can only get into if you know the password, which, by the way, is "Swordfish". I wonder if there is a way to make it so that if you try to go to my blog it won't let you in without a secret password.
3. Pick just one character from Winnie the Pooh and attempt to blog for the whole year from their perspective. (Note to self: Do not pick Rabbit or Owl because they suck. Even Alexander Beetle would be better than Rabbit or Owl!)
4. Develop an overwhelming and unrelenting conviction of my geniusness, or get super humble and wise. But pick just one of the above for the whole year. The careening back and forth between the two has left me nauseous for about 80 percent of this past year.
5. Tell one lie in every post as a kind of ritual sacrifice.
6. Don't do anything other than write, no sharing, no posting anywhere, just me and my imaginary world that lives scant inches away from the real one.
7. Secede from the Internet and start my own, much better, Internet. Don't think I won't.