Sunday, January 4, 2015
The cat blog
It may come as a small surprise to you that henceforth this blog will be entirely devoted to all things related to cats. Why have I decided to go to an all Cat Blog format? There is no single, simple answer, but because this is such a significant development, you, my reader, deserve to know. And so I list the reasons for this dramatic content shift.
1. I really do enjoy cats, their self possession, cuteness, grace, universality, and individuality.
2. I feel that while the Internet is famous for its attention to cats, most of that conception is a sort of platitude, an old joke, and that cats are not as properly and thoroughly attended to on the Internet as everyone thinks they are.
3. Despite the above, I suspect that kittens are capable of unlocking the door to fame. I won't do anything for fame, but I am willing to bandy in cats for a bit more of my share of it.
However, despite my becoming an all cat blog, I have decided that I should retain a certain amount of self respect here at catmanifesto, therefore I have imposed a few small limits on my cat content. These will be minor, and you may not notice them, but they will allow this blog to hold on to its dignity.
1. No cat images, video, gifs, or pictures of any kind. If I am going to have cats here all the time I will at least limit it to prose.
2. No mentioning of cats. If I am going to constantly be blogging about cats it will be less overwhelming if I do not mention cats ever, in any way.
3. No alluding to cats, prose about cats, or poetry about cats. No suggestion of cats or cat-like behavior. Like I said, there's going to be an awful lot of content about cats here, so keeping it, at least, word, allusion, and image free of cats will make it feel more spare, honest, and enjoyable.
Yes, this is a big change. For those of you who are long time readers of this blog I think the major difference you will notice is that the sparse comments section will now be filled with hundreds of "Awww"s. For those many, many, many of you who are new to this blog based on its new content, I say welcome, and that I understand the attraction.